Babe Ruth Height, Weight, Age, Net Worth, Biography And All You Wish To Know
|Babe Ruth Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 1895|
|Date of Death||August 16, 1948|
Babe Ruth was an American professional baseball player whose career in Major League Baseball (MLB) spanned 22 seasons, from 1914 to 1935. He played as a star left-handed pitcher for the Boston Red Sox and achieved acclaim during his stint as a slugging outfielder for the New York Yankees.
George Herman Ruth Jr.
The Bambino, The Caliph of Clout, Babe, Sultan of Swat, Jidge, The Behemoth of Bust, The Great Bambino, The Big Bam, Niggerlips
He was born on February 6, 1895.
On August 16, 1948, Babe Ruth died from nasopharyngeal cancer at the age of 53 in New York City, New York, United States.
216 Emory Street in Pigtown, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Babe Ruth attended St. Mary’s Industrial School for Boys, a reformatory and orphanage. During his time there, he was expected to learn work skills and he became a shirtmaker and carpenter.
Professional Baseball Player
Father – George Herman Ruth Sr. (Worked various jobs including lightning rod salesman and streetcar operator, Served as a counterman in a family-owned combination grocery and saloon business on Frederick Street)
Mother – Katherine (née Schamberger)
Siblings – Mamie (Younger Sister). Babe Ruth also had 6 other siblings but they all died as infants.
Others – John Antone/Anton Ruth (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Strodtman (Paternal Grandmother), Pius Schamberger (Maternal Grandfather) (Trade Unionist), Johanna “Annie” Schawtze Keller (Maternal Grandmother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, Babe Ruth had a net worth of $800 Thousand at the time of his death.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
97 kg or 214 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Babe Ruth dated –
- Helen Woodford Ruth – He met his first wife Helen Woodford Ruth reportedly in a coffee shop in Boston where Helen worked as a waitress. On October 17, 1914, the couple tied the knot as teenagers at St. Paul’s Catholic Church in Ellicott City, Maryland. In 1921, they adopted Dorothy Helen Ruth Pirone (June 7, 1921 – May 18, 1989) who was Ruth’s daughter with his mistress Juanita. Following Ruth’s repeated infidelities and neglect, the couple separated around 1925 and appeared in public as a couple for the last time during the 1926 World Series. In January 1929, Helen died in a fire in a house in Watertown, Massachusetts.
- Juanita Jennings Ellias – Babe Ruth had an affair with Juanita Jennings Ellias (b. Juanita Grenandtz) and she gave birth to their daughter Dorothy Helen Ruth Pirone on June 7, 1921. Dorothy was adopted by Ruth and his first wife Helen.
- Claire Merritt Ruth (1929-1948) – He married actor and model Claire Merritt Ruth on April 17, 1929, and they remained together until his death in 1948. Babe Ruth also adopted her daughter Julia (1916–2019).
Race / Ethnicity
Babe Ruth was of German descent.
Salt and Pepper
Left-handed (but wrote right-handed due to his education in the Catholic school)
Babe Ruth Facts
- He was born in his maternal grandfather’s house.
- When he was 12 years old, his mother died of tuberculosis.
- Babe Ruth signed a professional baseball contract with Jack Dunn (who owned and managed the minor-league Baltimore Orioles) in 1914.
- In 1991, he was inducted into the Jersey Shore Sports Hall of Fame.
- He was fluent in German.
- In 2010, Babe Ruth was inducted into the World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame.
- It was announced by President Donald Trump in 2018 that Babe Ruth, Elvis Presley, and Antonin Scalia would posthumously receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- He used to wear a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep himself cool.
- An ESPN poll ranked Babe Ruth as the #2 athlete of the 20th century.