Jim Irsay Biography, Net Worth Height, Weight, Age, Net Worth, Wife And All You Wish To Know.
Jim Irsay Quick Info
Height 5 ft 11 in
Weight 78 kg
Date of Birth June 13, 1959
Zodiac Sign Gemini
Eye Color Blue
Jim Irsay is an American businessperson who is known for being the principal owner, chairperson, and CEO of the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL).
Jim Irsay as seen while giving a speech during the Ring of Honor ceremony at halftime of the Indianapolis Colts versus Washington Commanders game on October 30, 2022
Jim Irsay as seen while giving a speech during the Ring of Honor ceremony at halftime of the Indianapolis Colts versus Washington Commanders game on October 30, 2022 (All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED)
Jim Irsay is currently 64 according to his birthdate June 13, 1959
Lincolnwood, Niles Township, Cook County, Illinois, United States
Jim Irsay studied at Loyola Academy, a private, Catholic, co-educational college preparatory high school situated in Wilmette, Illinois. He also attended Mercersburg Academy.
After that, he got enrolled at Southern Methodist University (SMU) in University Park, Texas, and graduated with a degree in broadcast journalism in 1982.
- Father – Robert Irsay (March 5, 1923 – January 14, 1997; Professional football team owner who owned the National Football League (NFL)’s Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts franchise from 1972 until his death)
- Mother – Harriet (née Pogorzelski)
- Siblings – Thomas Irsay (Brother) (Had a serious mental disability and lived in a Florida facility until his death in 1999 at the age of 45), Roberta Irsay (Sister) (Was killed in an automobile accident in 1971 on I-294 outside Chicago)
- Others – Charles Irsay (born Charles Israel) (Paternal Grandfather), Elaine Nyitrai (Paternal Grandmother), Nancy Clifford (Stepmother; Died on November 7, 2015, at the age of 65)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $4 Billion as of 2023.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim Irsay has dated –
- Meg Coyle (1980-2003) – He got married to Meg Coyle in the year 1980 and the duo has been blessed with 3 daughters, namely, Carlie Irsay-Gordon, Casey Foyt, and Kalen Jackson. Jim and Meg separated in 2003 and she eventually filed for divorce after several years on November 21, 2013.
- Kimberly Wundrum – He had an affair with Kimberly Wundrum who overdosed and died in a house that was controversially purchased by Jim Irsay with money belonging to the Indianapolis Colts.
Race / Ethnicity
Jim Irsay is of Hungarian Jewish descent on his father’s side and has Polish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Jim Irsay as seen while smiling for the camera with the Fender Stratocaster played by Bob Dylan at the Newport Folk Festival
Jim Irsay as seen while smiling for the camera with the Fender Stratocaster played by Bob Dylan at the Newport Folk Festival (317football / Photoshoot / CC BY-SA 4.0 DEED)
Salt and Pepper
He was raised as a Catholic.
Jim Irsay Facts
His parents are divorced.
Until he was 14 years old, he was not aware of his father’s Jewish heritage.
During his time at Southern Methodist University, Jim Irsay played linebacker for the SMU Mustangs football team as a walk-on. However, his playing career ended after an ankle injury.
He served as the general manager of the Indianapolis Colts from 1984 to 1994.
His father died after suffering a stroke in 1995 and Jim was subsequently involved in a legal battle with his stepmother over ownership of the Baltimore Colts. He later became the youngest NFL team owner at that time at the age of 37.
In 2012, Jim Irsay was inducted into the Central Indiana Business Hall of Fame.
He appeared as himself in 2 episodes titled Two Parties and Fluoride of the sitcom Parks and Recreation in 2013.
He was arrested on March 16, 2014, under suspicion of DUI and drug possession in Carmel, Indiana. It was reported by The Indianapolis Star sports columnist Bob Kravitz that Jim Irsay had an ongoing drug problem. The issue attracted attention after his mistress Kimberly Wundrum died after an overdose. Subsequently, he entered rehab and the Indianapolis Colts‘ day-to-day operations were managed by his daughter Carlie.
Jim Irsay pleaded guilty to OWI (Operating While Intoxicated) on September 2, 2014, and was sentenced to one year of probation as well as was suspended by the NFL for six games and fined $500,000.
He has been involved in many philanthropic pursuits and Jim and his family have worked with various projects such as the Irsay Family YMCA, the downtown Indianapolis Colts Canal Playspace, Riley Hospital for Children, Wheeler Mission Center for Women & Children, Indiana University’s Irsay Research Institute, and others.