Johnny Carson Height, Weight, Age, Net Worth, Biography And All You Wish To Know.
Johnny Carson Quick Info
Height 5 ft 10 in
Weight 75 kg
Date of Birth October 23, 1925
Zodiac Sign Scorpio
Date of Death January 23, 2005
Johnny Carson was an American television host, comedian, writer, actor, voice artist, narrator, and producer who is best known as the host of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson (1962–1992). He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1992 and was awarded a Kennedy Center Honor in 1993.
John William Carson
Johnny, The King of Late-night
Johnny Carson as seen in a publicity photo from the television program ‘The Tonight Show’ in October 1970
Johnny Carson as seen in a publicity photo from the television program ‘The Tonight Show’ in October 1970 (NBC Television / eBay / Public Domain)
He was born on October 23, 1925.
On January 23, 2005, Johnny Carson died of respiratory failure arising from emphysema at the age of 79 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Corning, Quincy Township, Adams County, Iowa, United States
He resided in Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
Johnny Carson attended the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and joined the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity. There, he also continued performing magic and was paid $25 per appearance. He went on to major in journalism with the intention of becoming a comedy writer but then switched his major to speech and drama a few months later. In 1949, he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in radio and speech with a minor in physics.
Television Host, Comedian, Writer, Actor, Voice Artist, Narrator, Producer
- Father – Homer Lloyd “Kit” Carson (1899–1983) (A power company manager)
- Mother – Ruth Elizabeth (Hook) Carson (1901–1985)
- Siblings – Catherine “Kit” (Carson) Sotzing (1923-2014; Older Sister), Richard Carson (1929-2021; Younger Brother) (Television Director)
- Others – Christopher N. “Kit” Carson (Paternal Grandfather), Ella Bernice Hardy (Paternal Grandmother), George William Hook (Maternal Grandfather), Jessie Elton Boyd (Maternal Grandmother)
Observational Comedy, Surreal Humor, Satire, Deadpan, Sketch Comedy
American Culture, American Politics, Everyday Life, Pop Culture, Current Events, Human Behavior, Social Awkwardness, Gender Differences
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he had a net worth of $300 Million at the time of his death.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Johnny Carson dated –
- Hedy Lamarr
- Joan Rivers
- Sally Field
- Mamie Van Doren
- Shirley Bassey
- Pola Negri – RUMOR
- Jody Morrill Wolcott (1949-1963) – He got married to his first wife Jody Morrill Wolcott in North Platte, Nebraska in October 1949 and they had 3 sons – Christopher (Kit) (b. 1951), Richard (Ricky) (1952 – June 21, 1991), and Cory (b. 1953). The marriage ended in divorce in 1963.
- Vicki LaMotta (1957)
- Joanne Copeland (1963-1972) – On August 17, 1963, Johnny Carson married Joanne Copeland and they divorced in 1972.
- Dyan Cannon (1970) – Johnny Carson hooked up with actor, filmmaker, and editor Dyan Cannon in the year 1970.
- Joanna Holland (1972-1985) – He was married to former model Joanna Holland from 1972 to 1985.
- Kellee Patterson (1978) – RUMOR
- Angie Dickinson (1983)
- Morgan Fairchild (1983)
- Alexis Maas (1987-2005) – Johnny Carson married Alexis Maas on June 20, 1987, and they remained together until his death in 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
Johnny Carson was of English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, German, Dutch, French, Scottish, and Swiss-German descent.
- His unmistakable laugh
- Was introverted and shy off-camera
Johnny Carson was cast in print ads for Johnny Carson’s line of suits from Johnny Carson Apparel Inc. from 1971 to 1979.
He was raised as a Methodist.
Johnny Carson Favorite Things
- Teacher – Miss Faye Gordon
- Songs – Here’s That Rainy Day, I’ll Be Seeing You
Source – Wikipedia
Johnny Carson Facts
- On June 8, 1943, he joined the United States Navy.
- Some of Johnny Carson’s influences included Jack Benny, Red Skelton, Fred Allen, Bob Hope, Groucho Marx, and Jack Paar.
- In 1987, he was inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame.
- He was 66 years old when he retired from show business on May 22, 1992.
- Johnny Carson was an opponent of the Vietnam War and capital punishment, favored racial equality, and was against criminalizing extramarital s*x and p*rnography.