MBLAQ (Band) Members, Tour, Information, Facts And All You Wish To Know.
MBLAQ was a South Korean boy band that was formed with the members Yang Seung-ho, G.O, Mir, Lee Joon, and Thunder in 2009. The group had made a promising debut with the songs Oh Yeah and G.O.O.D Luv in 2009. Their popularity continued to grow through the years with such songs as Your Luv, Baby U!, This is War, Scribble, Mona Lisa, Smoky Girl, Be a Man, to name a few. During this time, they received numerous accolades including winning the ‘Best Korean Artist’ Award in 2012. Additionally, the group was named ‘Artist of The Month’ in February 2011 by the MTV Video Music Awards. However, with the departure of members Lee Joon and Thunder in December 2014, MBLAQ struggled to maintain their success and finally disbanded in 2015.
K-pop, EDM, R&B
- J. Tune Entertainment
- Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
- In 2009, the band released their debut single album titled Just BLAQ, which was well received due to the popularity of songs such as Oh Yeah and G.O.O.D Luv.
- BLAQ Style, the group’s debut studio album, was released in 2011 and featured singles like Cry, Stay, Sad Memories, Rolling U, Again, Throw Away, etc.
- MBLAQ‘s fourth EP titled 100% Ver. peaked at the top spot on the Gaon Monthly Album Chart upon its release in January 2012.
- The band’s name is an acronym that stands for ‘Music Boys Live in Absolute Quality’.
- MBLAQ made their official debut alongside the legendary singer Rain in his Legend of Rainism concert in 2009. Their performance was appreciated by audiences and the group was touted to be the next TVXQ (aka DBSK).
- Their fandom was known as A-Plus as all the members of the group had A blood group.
- MBLAQ had initially included a member named Sang Bae, who left shortly before their debut due to poor health.
- The band members traveled to Japan for their first fan meet in early 2010. Their time in the country, including their experiences with Japanese traditions and culture, was chronicled in a documentary called Yo! Tokyo.
- Audiences got familiarized with the members of MBLAQ through their appearance on the program MBLAQ – The Art of Seduction in late 2009.
- Thunder was the last member to join the group and was confirmed a mere 2 weeks before the group’s debut. As a result, his voice was not featured on any of the songs recorded for their debut EP titled Just BLAQ because of time constraints. However, he sang and rapped during all their live performances.
- MBLAQ had started as a 5-member group in 2009. However, after the departure of Lee Joon and Thunder at the end of 2014, the group was reduced to a trio. Moreover, they released their last EP (only one as a trio) titled Mirror in June 2015.
- The band’s single Again (2011) from their album BLAQ Style was used during the South Korean promotion of the Hollywood film The Fighter, starring Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg.
- Yang Seung-ho was the oldest member of the group while Mir was the youngest member of MBLAQ.
- Thunder was the tallest member of the group.
- Out of all the group members, Thunder was the only one who grew up outside of South Korea, in his case the Philippines.