T-ara Members, Tour, Information, Facts And All You Wish To Know.
T-ara is a South Korean girl group formed by MBK Entertainment in 2009 and its original pre-debut lineup included Jiae, Jiwon, Eunjung, Hyomin, and Jiyeon. The group has gained a “chameleon-like” reputation and its 2011 single Roly-Poly became one of the most downloaded domestic singles since 2010. As of December 2020, the group was the 9th best-selling K-pop girl group in terms of physical albums with a total of 1,14 Million albums according to Sina Entertainment. It has released a number of various albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Absolute First Album, Black Eyes, Treasure Box, Day by Day, Funky Town, Jewelry Box, Gossip Girls, And & End, TTL (Time to Love), Roly-Poly in Copacabana, Breaking Heart, Bo Peep Bo Peep, Again 1977, Mirage, Temptastic, Again, Remember, What’s My Name?, So Good, You Drive Me Crazy (너 때문에 미쳐), Yayaya, Cry Cry, Number Nine (넘버나인), Sugar Free (슈가프리), Bunny Style! (バニスタ!), and Lie (거짓말). The group went on an indefinite hiatus on January 3, 2018, and reunited after 4 years, releasing its first independent album titled Re:T-ara in November 2021. Over the years, the girl group has also been a part of many shows including Ghastly, High Kick 2, Bubi Bubi, Master of Study, Sweet Temptation, Star King, T-ara’s Ghost Play, Sweet Girl, T-ara’s Hello Baby, T-ara Dot Com, T-ara Dream Girls, T-ara Pretty Boys, T-ara Star Life Theater, T-ara’s Confession, Princess T-ara, Daily T-ara, and others.
Seoul, South Korea
K-pop, Dance-pop, Nu-disco, Electropop, Synth-pop
MBK Entertainment, Dingo, EMI Japan, Banana Culture Entertainment
- T-ara released its debut studio album and 1st Korean release Absolute First Album on November 27, 2009, via Core Contents Media.
- T-ara‘s 2nd studio album and 1st Japanese release titled Jewelry Box was released on June 6, 2012, and it was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ).
- The girl group donated ₩10 million (~$10,000) to Haiti earthquake victims in January 2010.
- The Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare appointed T-ara members (along with girl group 4minute) as public relations ambassadors for the “National Sharing Movement” in June 2011.
- The group’s fame suffered greatly due to a bullying scandal in 2012.
- Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon, and Areum were members of the sub-unit T-ara N4 (which stands for “T-ara Brand New 4”). The unit’s name was revealed on April 12, 2013. T-ara N4 debuted with the extended play titled Jeon Won Diary in April 2013.
- With members Qri, Boram, and Soyeon, T-ara announced its 2nd sub-unit named QBS in May 2013. A Japanese sub-unit, QBS released its debut track Kaze no You ni (風のように, Like the Wind) on June 26, 2013, and it was described as a refreshing pop tune with an evergreen melody that leaves a “lasting impression”.
- T-ara released its 3rd studio album and 2nd Japanese release Treasure Box on August 7, 2013, and it peaked at #1 on Japan Daily Albums (Oricon) chart and at #4 on Japan Top Albums Sales (Billboard) chart.
- On May 14, 2014, T-ara released its 4th studio album and 3rd Japanese release Gossip Girls.
- Over the years, T-ara has been featured in many editorials and magazine covers including Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Ceci, Marie Claire, Elle, The Celebrity, Big Issue, Galaxy Macau (Macau), I Like (Thailand), KWAVE (China and Japan), Mappe Magazine (Japan), Music Bank, Billboard and Tower Records (Japan), KAZZ (Thailand), and Beijing Youth (China).
- T-ara became the brand ambassador for Pantech Korea in Vietnam in 2016.
- The girl group has been a recipient of many accolades including the Golden Disc Award, Seoul Music Award, Asia Jewelry Award, Melon Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, Billboard Japan Music Award, Mnet 20’s Choice Award, GQ Korea Award, Cyworld Digital Music Award, Gaon Chart Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Hallyu Center Award, MTV Best of the Best Award, Mwave Global Award, V Chart Award, Cable TV Broadcasting Award, Korean Culture & Entertainment Award, KU Award, and Luxury Brand Model Award.